Inktober 2020_52 (04) | Snake


  2019 was the third year I've done the Inktober drawing challenge. 2020's official Inktober still isn't until October, but Jake Parker has started a new deal this year. #Inktober52, where we will get weekly prompts. You can see the 2018 Inktober drawings and the 2017 Inktober drawings; they are all in the alternative portfolio.
This ink drawing was based on the tweet from Jake Parker, and the prompt was "Snake." This year I'm trying to keep a theme of "Fantasy" since I want to launch a series with more fantasy elements, such as my Satyress Product Line, and I plan on having more soon put into the shop. Snakes? Why'd it have to be snakes? Yeah -- I love Indiana Jones. Maybe I should do an Indy image... I mean let's see some of the snake images I've already done.

So, I went with something different but with my primary theme of fantasy. I went with a Naga and after I scanned the ink I just wasn't happy at all. I went with full digital for the final, and I won't do that on all -- but sometimes it can be frustrating to put a lot of time into something and not be happy with it. I really like how the final came out on this though!
It was drawn in ink pen (a fountain pen to be precise), scanned, and then digitally manipulated and colored to create the final artwork that I felt worked best. It is based on the style I've used for the past year or so of Reddit Gets Drawn portraits and is part of my new "Fantasy Themes" that I'm working on. I love to draw, and the best thing about this is that I choose which photos to draw; however, I have received many requests from people for me to do their commissioned portraits. I have many options available if you would like to be drawn -- please check out my Merchandise Shop if you would like to see the options for Commissioned Portrait Drawings, such as my ink portraitsgraphite portraitsanimal portraits, or even quick artistic graphite portraits.
If you would also like to purchase a print of my artwork as a postercanvas print, or on a phone case, you can also see those in the Merchandise Shop -- I have even recently begun making Skateboard Deck Designs, but those can only be currently purchased via Threadless.com. I've also recently started using my Society6 Store again as well, so be sure to see what I have offered there.
This Inktober drawing Week 04 2019 "Snake" by Sean Carter is also located at my Art Portfolio in the Inktober 2020 section, where you can find the Minotaur in Digital or the Scanned Ink versions.

Located:
https://id8tionist.com/2020/01/30/inktober-2020-52-04-snake/

not done yet...
Last Week
03 | Brick

Comments