The meme of #ArtvsArtist is a great way for all artists to share their art. Sharing one's art can be a personal endeavor that may feel like throwing it into a void. By placing the picture of the artist in the middle it really personalizes and humanizes the submissions as we put our art onto Instagram or other social media. This is my third year, and you can see my 2016 ArtvArtist, and 2017 ArtvArtist as well. And in 2018. And in 2019.
I made a few versions this year. I created the RGD version of my Reddit Gets Drawn portraits. I then created the Inktober version with my Inktober 2019 and Inktober 2020 (so far) contributions. Then my Fan Art and Comic Book versions.
According to Know Your Meme, the hashtags of #ArtVsArtist or #ArtvArtist are used to showcase the art we create with a selfie in the center. You can see I put a pirate selfie ;)
It seems that that the earliest use fo the hashtag started on Twitter with @LaLadybugTV who did the first one. One thing I notice is that she did not do the 3x3 grid that became ubiquitous with this meme.
All of mine are based on Reddit Gets Drawn images I've done. Many are in the Selected Drawings of 2020.

A bit about me...

I have received many requests from people for me to do their commissioned portraits. I have many options available if you would like to be drawn -- please check out my Merchandise Shop if you would like to see the options for Commissioned Portrait Drawings, such as my ink portraits, graphite portraits, animal portraits, or even quick artistic graphite portraits.
If you would also like to purchase a print of my artwork as a poster, canvas print, or on a phone case you can also see those in the Merchandise Shop -- I have also recently begun making Skateboard Deck Designs, but those can only be currently purchased via Threadless.com.
Speaking of products -- I had redone my merchandise shop and so some of the new pieces include:

https://id8tionist.com/2020/02/07/art-vs-artist-2020

Comments